Counseling for Grief and Loss
My Teen is Struggling with Loss
Grief and loss come in many forms. Whether it's the death of a loved one, the end of a relationship or the loss of what life was like before COVID, loss can lead teens to feel:
- overwhelming sadness
- feeling empty or numb ("nothing matters")
- low self-esteem
- withdrawing from activities
- isolation from friends
- feeling easily irritated and annoyed
How Can We Help?
Our approach to counseling teens includes offering support and empathy without judgment, while also teaching important skills to help them cope.
We help teens who are struggling with self-harming behaviors:
- recognize, express and sit with difficult emotions
- learn skills for changing thought patterns
- learn daily habits to improve mood
- find healthier outlets for expressing their emotions
- identify the support systems in their life.