Counseling for Self-Harm and Suicidal Thoughts
My Teen is Self-Harming
As a parent, it can be so hard to find out that your teen is self-harming or having suicidal thoughts. It is shocking and overwhelming and you're not sure how to help.
Depression, anxiety and intense, overwhelming emotions in teens can sometimes lead to:
- suicidal thoughts
- low self-esteem
- intense mood swings
- self-critical statements
- feeling empty or numb ("nothing matters")
How Can We Help?
Our approach to counseling teens includes offering support and empathy without judgment, while also teaching important skills to help them cope.
We help teens who are struggling with self-harming behaviors:
- recognize, express and sit with difficult emotions
- learn skills for changing thought patterns
- learn daily habits to improve mood
- learn skills to manage impulsive behaviors
- find healthier outlets for expressing their emotions
- identify the support systems in their life.