For moms and daughters 12-18
As a mom, do you feel like it was easier to connect with your daughter when she was younger? Do you find yourselves arguing all the time, or worse yet, avoiding each other whenever possible? Do you often wonder where it all when wrong and how to fix it?
What if I told you that it’s not too late to have a close, healthy, connected relationship with your daughter? And, better yet, you don’t have to wait until these teen years are over to start enjoying a stronger connection.
This Communication Counseling package is perfect for moms and daughters who:
- Bicker, fight and argue regularly.
- Avoid interacting because the tension and fighting has become overwhelming.
- Feel like they have nothing in common and nothing to talk about.
- Love each other unconditionally and want to enjoy a more connected relationship.
Together We Will Explore
I have designed this Mother/Daughter Communication Counseling Package specifically for moms and daughters who are struggling to communicate and connect. Over the course of 4 sessions, together we will explore:
- Significant events over the course of your relationships that have affected how you interact with each other.
- A personality assessment of both mom and daughter to look at how your personality and communication style is affecting your relationship.
- Critical skills in active listening and communication that will help you resolve your conflicts more effectively.
- Ideas and strategies for making intentional connection a daily habit in your relationship.
How does it work?
The 4 session package will include:
- Session 1: 90 minutes. 20 minute intake each with mom and daughter separately. 50 minute session exploring the presenting problems and the history of your relationship.
- Session 2: Personality and Communication Style. After completing a personality assessment before the session, we will explore how your individual personalities impact the way you communicate and the way you approach conflict.
- Session 3: Resolving Conflict. With a focus on active listening skills and mediation techniques, we will practice and role-play the most pressing sources of conflict in your relationship.
- Session 4: Connection. Together we will brainstorm ideas for building habits of connection, both daily and long-term.
& What More Is Included?
- 1 90-minute intake session
- 3 additional sessions (see details above)
- personality assessment analysis
- individually-tailored homework & skill-building activities to complete between sessions