Teen DBT Group
For teens 11-17
What is DBT?
Dialectical Behavior Therapy is a skills-based program and an approach to therapy that is perfect for teens who feel like they are on an emotional roller coaster and have trouble finding emotional stability. DBT has proven very effective with teens who experience:
- Extreme mood swings
- Frequent emotional outbursts
- Inability to cope with setbacks
- Overwhelming anxiety
- Loss of friendships due to emotional volatity
- Self-injuring behaviors
How can a DBT Group Help?
DBT focuses on core skill areas to help teens learn important tools to cope with emotional volatility. This group will be structured into 60 minute sessions:
- We'll create personal goals and analyze current behaviors.
- Discuss the importance of mindfulness skills with an emphasis on creating awareness around our own emotions and letting go of judgement.
- Dive into interpersonal effectiveness skills and learn to build healthy relationships and end destructive ones.
- Learn about emotion regulation skills by naming and understanding difficult emotions and changing emotional responses.
- Gain a better understanding of distress tolerance skills by learning to tolerate and survive crisis situations without making things worse.
- Share and celebrate progress made towards personal goals.
Tuesday nights September-May
5-6pm for grades 6-8 Co-Ed
6-7pm for grades 9-12 Co-Ed
Cost: $40 per session; billed monthly; pre-payment for first month required
Group facilitator: Jamie Doak, MA, LPC
Colorado Teen Therapy, LLC
9034 E. Easter Pl. Suite 203
Centennial, CO 80112