Helping Teens Slow Down
Teen Girls' Mindfulness Group
Nature Therapy Group
Your teen deserves to live a life without perfectionism, anxiety, and fear. She deserves to make her decisions for herself and not follow her peers, and to feel good about her work, her body, and her talents!
Teen Mindfulness Group can help!
Imagine your teen daughter.....
- Thriving and feeling confident - making her own decisions, problem solving, learning boundaries, and saying “no” when she needs to
- Learning how to shut off her inner critic and perfectionist and listen to her inner cheerleader instead
- Slowing down and connecting with the world around her, and her peers
- Creating meaningful relationships based on common interests, respect, and mutual support
Who can benefit from the Teen Mindfulness Group?
Do you have a teen at home who:
- lacks confidence?
- feels like she is not "good enough"?
- avoids trying new things?
- focuses on failures without recognizing her accomplishments?
- lacks direction or focus?
- struggles to communicate what she is feeling?
- seems uninspired or apathetic about the future?
- make negatives about her body, her image, her skills, or herself?
- struggles with managing tough emotions like disappointment, anxiety, and sadness?
- plays on her phone or social media all day?
Our Teen Mindfulness Group combines the best elements of group therapy with an age-appropriate, nature-based curriculum that teaches teens to slow down, practice mindfulness, be reflective, communicate more effectively and manage difficult emotions.
What will your teen learn from this experience?
MINDFULNESS Learn the value of SLOWING DOWN, reflecting, enjoying the outdoors and paying attention to the world around you.
MORE EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION Identify your communication style and personal approach to conflict. Learn to be assertive and ask for what you need without being aggressive.
EMOTIONAL REGULATION Learn to identify and manage difficult emotions like frustration, anger and sadness. Get comfortable sitting with your emotions rather than ignoring them, and practice working through emotional moments before making important decisions.
CONFIDENCE Understand the power of overcoming obstacles and achieving goals. Learn to value the strengths you bring to the group and work with others to feel stronger.
SUPPORT Learn from other teens that you are not alone in your struggles. Give advice, ask for feedback and receive support from others girls who understand how you're feeling.
How Does It Work?
The Teen Mindfulness Group will meet on Wednesdays nights 5:30-6:30 for 6 weeks, in an outdoor setting. Sessions will include group activities, art projects, hiking, exploring, journaling and plenty of fun!
The next Teen Mindfulness Group begins in March!
Contact us for more details about the locations.