Yoga & Mindful Movement Group for Teens
For Teens who struggle with a roller coaster of emotions, and are ready to feel better in their bodies and their minds.
Registration is now open for June 2021!
Imagine your teen....
- Managing difficult emotions by increasing their mind and body connection,
- Feeling confident and empowered through increased appreciation of their body,
- Enjoying a better understanding of their own feelings and how they impact him/her every day
Who can benefit from the Yoga & Mindful Movement Group?
Do you have a teen at home who:
- lacks confidence?
- feels like she is not "good enough"?
- avoids trying new things?
- focuses on failures without recognizing accomplishments?
- struggles to communicate feelings?
- make negatives about his/her body, image, skills, or self?
- struggles with managing tough emotions like disappointment, anxiety, and sadness?
Our Yoga and Mindful Movement Group combines the best elements of group therapy with an age-appropriate, skills-based curriculum that teaches teens to be more aware of their mind/body connection, be reflective, and manage difficult emotions.
What will your teen learn from this experience?
Increased mind and body connection, empowerment through increased appreciation of our bodies, and better understanding of our own feelings and how they impact us. An ability to connect to others, as well, through this practice of mindful movement and processing.
IMPROVED MIND-BODY CONNECTION Understand how your body and mind work together to manage stress, anxiety and intense emotions.
HEALTHIER BODY IMAGE Appreciate your body and what it does for you every day. Learn ways to tune in to what your body is telling you and use movement to see your body in a more positive light.
MANAGE DIFFICULT EMOTIONS Understand the roller coaster of emotions that you experience and how you can use your body to feel less overwhelmed and more in control.
STRONGER CONNECTIONS Learn from other teens that you are not alone in your struggles. Give advice, ask for feedback and receive support from teens who understand how you're feeling.
GAIN CONFIDENCE Every topic and every skill is aimed at helping you improve your self-esteem and feel empowered to live your life with confidence.
What makes our approach unique?
Unlike traditional talk therapy, our teen groups combine a skills-based curriculum with engaging, movement-based experiences that allow teens to practice these new skills in real time in a setting that is fun!
How Does It Work?
- Tweens and teens ages 12-18
- Mondays 4:00-5:30pm for 6 weeks beginning Monday, June 14th.
- Sloan's Lake Park
- $60 per 90 minute session Pre-payment required.
Group facilitator: Ashley Jara, MA, LPC