High School Girls' Group
Confidence * Communication * Connection
Designed with teenage girls ages 14-18 in mind, this 8 week program provides young women with a safe, supportive environment to explore their hopes, doubts, dreams and fears under the guidance of an experienced therapist.
The Benefits of the Group Experience
Unlike individual therapy, this group experience gives young women the opportunity to share their experiences, give advice, learn new skills, receive support and most importantly feel a sense of community and belonging.
How Can Girls' Group Help Your Teen?
The Girls' Group combines the best elements of group therapy with an age-appropriate curriculum that teaches young women critical skills in communication, self-reflection and conflict resolution leading to improved self-esteem!
IMPROVED BODY IMAGE Understand the influences that affect how you see your body. Learn how to give and accept compliments, focus on what you love about yourself and let go of unrealistic media expectations.
MORE EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION Identify your communication style and personal approach to conflict. Learn to be assertive and ask for what you need without being aggressive. Practice fair-fighting rules to resolve conflict in healthy ways.
HEALTHIER BOUNDARIES Stop letting friends walk all over you. Learn to identify your values and present yourself in a way that attracts quality friends.
END NEGATIVE BELIEF PATTERNS Understand the power that beliefs and expectations have over your attitudes and behavior. Identify the beliefs that bring you down and start challenging your own negative thoughts.
STRONGER CONNECTIONS Learn from other girls that you are not alone in your struggles. Give advice, ask for feedback and receive support from girls who understand how you're feeling.
GAIN CONFIDENCE Every topic and every skill is aimed at helping you improve your self-esteem and feel empowered to live your life with confidence.
Our High School Girls' Group provides the unique experience ofSupport & Connection Combined with DBT Skills
What is DBT?
Dialectical Behavior Therapy is a skills-based program and an approach to therapy that is perfect for teens who feel like they are on an emotional roller coaster and have trouble finding emotional stability. DBT has proven very effective with teens who experience:
- Extreme mood swings
- Frequent emotional outbursts
- Inability to cope with setbacks
- Overwhelming anxiety
- Loss of friendships due to emotional volatity
- Self-injuring behaviors
- We'll create personal goals and analyze current behaviors.
- Discuss the importance of mindfulness skills with an emphasis on creating awareness around our own emotions and letting go of judgement.
- Dive into interpersonal effectiveness skills and learn to build healthy relationships and end destructive ones.
- Learn about emotion regulation skills by naming and understanding difficult emotions and changing emotional responses.
- Gain a better understanding of distress tolerance skills by learning to tolerate and survive crisis situations without making things worse.
- Share and celebrate progress made towards personal goals.
How Does It Work?
When? Tuesday nights 6-7pm beginning Tuesday January 28th for 8 weeks
Who? Teen Girls in grades 9-12. Limited to 6 group members.
Where? The Colorado Teen Therapy office. 9034 E. Easter Pl Suite 203 Centennial
Cost: $40 per session. $$320 paid upfront. Payment plan available.
Group facilitator: Lauren Waag, MSW, LSW
Ready to Sign Up?
Click the links below to register or to request more information.