Counseling for Depression
Is My Teen Depressed?
What does depression look like in teens? Here are some important signs:
- overwhelming sadness
- feeling empty or numb ("nothing matters")
- low self-esteem
- withdrawing from activities
- isolation from friends
- feeling easily irritated and annoyed
How Can We Help?
Our approach to counseling teens includes offering support and empathy without judgment, while also teaching important skills to help them cope.
We help teens who are struggling with depression:
- recognize, express and sit with difficult emotions
- learn skills for changing thought patterns
- learn daily habits to improve mood
- find healthier outlets for expressing their emotions
- identify the support systems in their life.